DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Printing problems with Vigor 2800VG and Epson Stylus CX3200

• luthervandross
  • Topic Author
More
15 Mar 2008 18:18 #48263 by luthervandross
I have installed the router and believe I have done everything by the book but the printer will not work properly. The printer feeds paper and then jams part way through the print. I have installed the latest firmware (2.8.1) off the Draytek website and tried multiple times installing drivers, deleting and adding ports but to no avail. If I unplug the USB lead from the router and go directly into my laptop then everything works fine. I wondered if there were issues with Vista so I carried out the same process with another laptop I borrowed operating XP but exactly the same happened. I have also eliminated the wireless aspect too by 'hard wiring' the laptop to the router and disabling the wireless connection as exactly the same happens. I am totally stuck and by reading some of the postings on this site I am not alone. Someone must have seen this before.
Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2008 11:12 #49290 by bugmenot2
I am also seeing this exact problem. It happens with an HP Deskjet D4260. If I print wirelessly from an XP machine via the router, the test pages print ok. If I print from a Vista machine the test page only gets part way through and then the printer stops. I have to manually pull the paper through and according to the print job it is still processing.

This seems like an issue with the router not understanding the vista printing command properly.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• luthervandross
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2008 21:42 #50247 by luthervandross
Replied by luthervandross on topic Extremely dissapointing response from Draytek
After waiting numerous weeks for Draytek to come up with a fix for my lack of ability to print via my wireless router the response came back that the posting on the Draytek website for compatible printers was incorrect. I have been left high & dry with no other option but to buy another printer. Very, very poor service so be careful what you believe off the Draytek website.

More
19 Jun 2008 23:14 #50335 by admin
Why's that 'poor service'? If it's not compatible, maybe they just made a mistake....

Forum Administrator

More
20 Jun 2008 13:21 #50346 by chrischambersuk
Bit of a shot in the dark here but have you tried playing with the print spooler settings in Windows to see if that helps in any way?

• luthervandross
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jun 2008 09:01 #50354 by luthervandross
Replied by luthervandross on topic Poor service
How on earth doesn't that constitute poor service? Follow the facts...

Check Draytek website prior to purchasing router for compatibility
Draytek site states printer & router compatible
Purchase router
Doesn't work as stated in earlier posting
Email support group
No response for over 3 weeks
Email support group again
Takes Draytek further 2 months (17th March to 15th May) to come up with the following response...

"There is nothing that we can do I'm afraid. It seem that it's not
>> compatible with the Vigor2800VG. We'll remove it from the
>> compatibility list"

Making a mistake is putting statements on your website without checking them out.

Poor service is doing nothing about about.

I am now £159 out of pocket due to having to purchase a new printer after following steps to ensure what I already had would work with the new equipment I was about to purchase. Now that is POOR SERVICE.

Moderators: Sami