DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Printing problems with Vigor 2800VG and Epson Stylus CX3200

More
23 Jun 2008 20:53 #50400 by lorian
If the epson has an option to turn off bidirectional communication on it's USB port then try that. Presumably this is a multifunction device, or it monitors the ink levels, this tends to upset the vigor as it expects only to be sending not receiving from the device IME.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2009 18:02 #56567 by simonh
I am seeing similar issue with a Brother HL2030... If I then reboot the Vigor (2800), it is fine for a while longer, then it starts happening again.

This is from Vista and Server 2008

More
03 Jul 2009 18:46 #56569 by kc_
epson r300, causes 2820vn to reboot when printing.

More
01 Oct 2009 13:57 #58021 by sonicsam

kC_ wrote: epson r300, causes 2820vn to reboot when printing.

I have the 2820n, It sounds like you have at least managed to get the r300 to communicate with this router, what did you do to make it work?

More
14 Nov 2009 12:43 #58820 by davidjfirth
Replied by davidjfirth on topic Finally got Epson RX700 working via Drayek on Vista
My Epson RX700 was printing OK via my 2820n under Window XP however when I "upgraded" to Vista the last page would always have a bit of rubbish at the bottom ... and then it would start reprinting from page 1 (The print Job never finished until I either switched it off or it ran out of paper / Ink). Its been doing this for months (hence I went back to a direct USB connection) but I had a few hours (and needed it!) spare this Morning and have finally worked out how to get it working:-

Ports Tab
1. Checked / Selected the "LPR Byte Counting Enabled" under Configure.
2. Switch off Bidirectional support

Advanced Tab
1. Selected "Start printing after last page is spooled"

I suspect that only item 1 under the Ports Tab needs to be done ... however its working now so I'm not going to fiddle with it to find out!

More
15 Mar 2015 15:29 #82967 by allat39

davidjfirth wrote: My Epson RX700 was printing OK via my 2820n under Window XP however when I "upgraded" to Vista the last page would always have a bit of rubbish at the bottom ... and then it would start reprinting from page 1 (The print Job never finished until I either switched it off or it ran out of paper / Ink). Its been doing this for months (hence I went back to a direct USB connection) but I had a few hours (and needed it!) spare this Morning and have finally worked out how to get it working:-

Ports Tab
1. Checked / Selected the "LPR Byte Counting Enabled" under Configure.
2. Switch off Bidirectional support

Advanced Tab
1. Selected "Start printing after last page is spooled"

I suspect that only item 1 under the Ports Tab needs to be done ... however its working now so I'm not going to fiddle with it to find out!

Thanks David,

I connected my HP PSC1300 series by USB to an AP900, and every print test I did seemed to 'run out of steam' about 3/4 of the way through the first page. I thought the issue was some sort of memory or buffer issue, but your "LPR Byte Counting Enabled" tip was the missing link.

I will test it further but expect it to be ok.

Thanks again

Moderators: Sami