DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820n DHCP restriction to certain WLAN SSIDs

More
20 Oct 2009 16:23 #58384 by jmsdunn85
You can get round DNS issues by assigning your primary DNS server as your ISP's and your secondary as your internal DNS (LAN). If the client cannot access the LAN and therefore cannot resolve DNS using this server, then it will use the ISP DNS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2009 16:46 #58386 by jon_iz
DNS isn't actually an issue - it's the allocation of IP addresses for the second subnet, which i want to keep isolated from the main network, but also provide WLAN connectivity.
Until Draytek add the facility, I think the easiest way around this is add an old cable router on a VLAN, this will do what i need, bt providing the isolation and serving it's own DHCP for the second subnet..

More
22 Oct 2009 21:18 #58442 by paul_hood
Yes! I need this too!

More
10 Feb 2010 23:37 #60467 by emg
Please, please add this.

More
11 Mar 2010 09:32 #61113 by coderus
I second this also, but does sound like another request for better dhcp pool control per Port & VLAN.

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=61046#61046

&

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12394

(There seems a running theme for this feature, in various forms - I hope it comes soon.)

More
21 Mar 2010 18:21 #61275 by and235100
Another request in the same vein (if another will make any difference !)
I have DHCP set up on a 2008 box, and I want to segregate my non-domain clients from my domain ones. So, I specify isolation from the LAN in the mac filtering for the non-domain clients, but without access to my 2008 server, they don't get a lease (as I have to disable DHCP on the 2820Vn otherwise my domain clients don't get my DCs DNS, so don't do group policy or roaming profiles). I tried the 2nd DHCP server configuration, but that was no help. There should be a way to prevent access to the LAN, but get a DHCP lease.

Moderators: ChrisSami