DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 3300I locking up

• martinadams
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2010 09:13 #64005 by martinadams
Draytek 3300I locking up was created by martinadams
i have a Draytek 3300I at a customers with two Griffin (BT Wholesale IP Stream Max) DSL services and One Murphx DSL service (BT Wholesale again) which is in load balancing mode. We have not asked it to pass specific traffic through each of the services just to load balance equally what is there.

every so often it appears the unit locks up and a manual site reboot is the only way to get it back up. This as you can imagine is not going down too well with the customer who is often having to come in at weekends to reset the service and during hte week it fails but someone is onsite, remote access is not accessible when this happens.

Whilst we have not rulled out the broadband as being responsible for this action they are pretty clean services albiet fairly poor supplies because of the rural location they occupy. we have UPS and surge arrestors on all equipment as well so are generally ruling out power issues.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Any ideas of changes we can make or things we can try would be gratefully received.

Martin Adams
Express Telephony Limited
martin@expresstelephony.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2010 09:16 #64006 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Draytek 3300I locking up
I've read of that happening with the 2.6 or 2.6.1 firmware, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 firmware are meant to stop lockup problems.

• martinadams
  • Topic Author
More
29 Sep 2010 10:27 #64009 by martinadams
Replied by martinadams on topic Draytek 3300I locking up

Voodle wrote: I've read of that happening with the 2.6 or 2.6.1 firmware, 2.6.2 and 2.6.3 firmware are meant to stop lockup problems.

thanks I'll check the firmare out and update as necassary.

Martin Adams
Express Telephony Limited
martin@expresstelephony.co.uk

More
28 Jan 2011 21:14 #65969 by daimlermg
Replied by daimlermg on topic Draytek 3300I locking up
I am using 2.6.3 and still getting lockups on the LAN.
I can still log in to the WAN and reboot to bring it back up again.

I dont think 2.6.3 is stable so I may have to go back to 2 5.#

More
02 Feb 2011 09:35 #66020 by manolete
Replied by manolete on topic Draytek 3300I locking up
We have the same problem with 2.6.2 and 2.6.3, before locking up router starts delaying pings and losing packets, on both sides, LAN and WAN. If we are lucky we can login from WAN and reboot, else we need to wait until the watchdog does the reboot.

It has to be related to nat sessions, we have 7 units and the busiest one locks every 2 weeks, while some of them lock every 3-4 weeks. Only one 3300 hasn't failed, but it's almost idle.

More
03 Feb 2011 19:13 #66071 by daimlermg
Replied by daimlermg on topic Draytek 3300I locking up
I am told 2.5.9 was better by one user so as mine is locking up / slowing down every 2 days with no log entry that helps find the problem so I may downgrade it to 2.5.9.

I find I only get 10 to 20 pags of NAT sessions showing so its overworked

Moderators: ChrisSami