DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820 IPV6

More
14 Jan 2011 14:14 #65662 by spence
Replied by spence on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6
Have I missed something? What happens on June 8?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2011 14:26 #65663 by ncollingridge
Replied by ncollingridge on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6
June 8 = World IPv6 testing day, when many services such as Google, Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo et al will be offering services across the internet using IPv6. This is on top of what Google have already done in this respect.

By the way, there is also a useful website at http://test-ipv6.com/ which enables you to test the degree of IPv6 connectivity you currently have. My network scores 0/10 for IPv6 currently through a 2820 - sadly not a big surprise.

More
14 Jan 2011 17:58 #65671 by middling
Replied by middling on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6

ncollingridge wrote: or will we see new firmware for the integrated units that incorporates the IPv6 stack from the 2130 firmware? Or should we be dumping Draytek for some other make (although personally I have given up on most other makes so I will be reluctant to do that).

We're unlikely to see the 2130 stack in the other models as the other models run DrayOS and i believe the 2130 runs Linux (although i haven't seen the source made available anywhere).

I've now switched away from the 2820 to a Draytek 120 for the ADSL and an ASUS RT-N16 running TomatoUSB . The current release of TomatoUSB doesn't have IPv6 but the next release (probably this month) is expected to have it.

More
14 Jan 2011 18:51 #65672 by spence
Replied by spence on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6

ncollingridge wrote: June 8 = World IPv6 testing day, when many services such as Google, Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo et al will be offering services across the internet using IPv6. This is on top of what Google have already done in this respect.

Thanks, didn't know about that.

ncollingridge wrote: By the way, there is also a useful website at http://test-ipv6.com/ which enables you to test the degree of IPv6 connectivity you currently have. My network scores 0/10 for IPv6 currently through a 2820 - sadly not a big surprise.

Interesting. I checked the site and I found one item a little misleading, although thinking a little further it probably makes sense. It says I have no IPv6 address, whereas my line has an been allocated an IPv6 address. But as my router is a 2800 obviously it doesn't recognise it.

Hopefully by June 8 I will have my 2130 installed and will have had a chance to test the setup.

More
21 Jan 2011 10:15 #65775 by proactive services
Replied by proactive services on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6
Another vote for IPv6 here - would love my 2820's to be able to work with a (more) modern protocol

More
21 Jan 2011 19:51 #65787 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Draytek 2820 IPV6
Bump!

+1

Moderators: Sami