DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
26 Nov 2010 15:12 #65026 by howard simpson
The 3.3.5 firmware for the 2820 has been available on the international site for over a week now. What has happened to the UK version? I am reluctant to use the international version as previously Admin advised that the UK version was different, it was optimised for the UK. Is this still the case?

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mgillespie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Nov 2010 16:52 #65029 by mgillespie
My understanding is the UK version has tweaked ADSL modem code for UK broadband lines.

HOWEVER... It's possible to work out which is the correct one.

The current UK version of 3.4.4.1:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/v2820_3341_232201_A.zip

Modem code = 232201 Annex A.

And here is the international one with the matching modem code and Annex:

ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.5/annexA/V2820V3.3.5A232201/

That's the process I used to select the correct firmware, not having any problems so far... However don't take my word for it (usual disclaimers apply!!!)

However you might want to hang fire, as I also notice there is a 3.3.5.1 on the FTP dated earlier today... My guess is Draytek UK will go straight to this one. Which explains why it's not been released yet on their website. There is no release notes as yet for this release unfortunately.

ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2820/Firmware/V3.3.5.1/annexA/

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2011 11:17 #65654 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?
Its been some considerable time now since version 3.3.5 of the firmware appeared on the internatonal site for the 2820. Then that was quite rapidly repalced by 3.3.5.1 on the 26th of November and still we only have 3.3.4.1 on the UK site. I hope this delay is down to thorough testing by SEG on behalf of the UK users as, the testing of previous releases by Draytek has been has been found to be somwhat wanting. Perhaps Admin could comment on this?

Howard

• mgillespie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Jan 2011 11:41 #65655 by mgillespie
My 2820 has been rock solid on 3.3.5.1 in my particular usage scenario.

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2011 13:11 #65660 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?
I am using 3.3.5.1 from the international site and I must admit it has been pretty stable. I have had 1 unexplained reboot and that may have been due to lightning during the blizzards prior to Christmas.

Howard

More
18 Jan 2011 17:59 #65721 by ukengb
Any more news on why the UK site is MONTHS behind on firmware updates. I'm about to update with the International release of 3.3.5.1 since others find it causes no problem. But how can the UK site be so far behind. This cannot be down to testing, I just don't believe it.

Moderators: ChrisSami