DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?

More
20 Jan 2011 09:18 #65759 by ukengb
I think I'm going to update to 3.3.5.1. today. I'll report back here if it improves anything - or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2011 19:45 #65811 by ryster
I've been running 3.3.5.1 myself for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is that the DoS light on the front of my 2820n now does not light up even with all the DoS options turned on.

Also the USB light doesn't light up even with a USB stick plugged in.

More
24 Jan 2011 16:30 #65825 by ukengb
Just updated to 3.3.5.1 and my download speed has increased over 3 TIMES. It is now running at 4.650 whereas under 3.3.4.1 it was apparently stuck at 1.500

Since NOTHING else has been changed, this is definitely down to the firmware so I suggest anyone still running 3.3.4.1 have a good look at the speed you're currently getting and consider updating to 3.3.5.1

Mind you, I guess I may come across other problems, but none so far.

• mgillespie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2011 11:02 #65868 by mgillespie

Ryster wrote: I've been running 3.3.5.1 myself for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is that the DoS light on the front of my 2820n now does not light up even with all the DoS options turned on.

Lights on the front are so overrated, and very 1980 :-) All my routers have black PVC tape covering them over, as my router is sat in the living room behind the TV, and with the lights off, it's like somehting out of Close Encounters.

A software option to disable all the LED's in future products would be a VERY nice touch for home products.

More
26 Jan 2011 21:25 #65886 by voodle
Hehe, I want a graphic equaliser on my router now :P

Also I noticed lots of the LEDs seem to have changed, like WAN2 has now gone from on/off to blinking when its active, the same is probably true for USB and DoS on there.

More
31 Jan 2011 23:38 #66000 by ryster

mgillespie wrote:

Ryster wrote: I've been running 3.3.5.1 myself for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is that the DoS light on the front of my 2820n now does not light up even with all the DoS options turned on.

Lights on the front are so overrated, and very 1980 :-) All my routers have black PVC tape covering them over, as my router is sat in the living room behind the TV, and with the lights off, it's like somehting out of Close Encounters.

A software option to disable all the LED's in future products would be a VERY nice touch for home products.

These routers (and the 2820 in-particular) are not exactly aimed or marketed at home users. I don't know of any average home users that have even heard of Draytek, much less would actually buy one of their products :)

Moderators: ChrisSami