DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?

• mgillespie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Feb 2011 08:26 #66002 by mgillespie

Ryster wrote:

mgillespie wrote:

Ryster wrote: I've been running 3.3.5.1 myself for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is that the DoS light on the front of my 2820n now does not light up even with all the DoS options turned on.

Also the USB light doesn't light up even with a USB stick plugged in.

Lights on the front are so overrated, and very 1980 :-) All my routers have black PVC tape covering them over, as my router is sat in the living room behind the TV, and with the lights off, it's like somehting out of Close Encounters.

A software option to disable all the LED's in future products would be a VERY nice touch for home products.

These routers (and the 2820 in-particular) are not exactly aimed or marketed at home users. I don't know of any average home users that have even heard of Draytek, much less would actually buy one of their products :)

It's a shame, as Drayteks are my only router that I get respectable uptime out of. Every other brand of "PC World" router I have used has been trash of varying degrees, requiring daily/weekly/monthly reboots.

My old Draytek (a 2600) was rock solid, which is why I threw it's replacement (a netgear) in the bin and bought Draytek again. Everything is fine again.

Sure most of the firmware functionality it overkill for home use (although I do have a ultra-low-power Sheevaplug sat off the back of it for mail/SMB/WWW serving amongst other things), but it's the great build quality you are paying for, and to be honest, the premium of buying Draytek is not that great. £170 vs £70. I'm more than happy to pay £100 more for something that actually works, rather than sorta-works most of the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2011 08:00 #66018 by admin
A piece of electrical tape over the LEDs works well....but then surely this is only a problem if you have a router in your bedroom....probably not many users.

Forum Administrator

More
07 Feb 2011 20:00 #66131 by felicitous
Draytek support have not replied yet will post here when they do.

More
10 Feb 2011 09:45 #66186 by ukengb
3.3.5.1 is still working well for me - no problems.

I thought it had crashed the other day as the Broadband connection was down, but then I realised it was the phone line itself that was broken, the 2820 was apparently ok.

Phone line fixed and the connection immediately restored by the 2820:-)

• mgillespie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Feb 2011 12:00 #66192 by mgillespie
Not found many problems with 3.3.5.1 but the QoS is definitely not right. I know people have suggested going into Firewall->General Setup and setting QoS there but that seems to enable only one class which isn't really ideal.

Dropped back to 3.3.3 and QoS works as expected.

More
11 Feb 2011 09:18 #66208 by voodle
QoS has changed quite a lot - it does work but you have to configure filter rules for it, which means that the QoS is now object based which could be handy for some situations.
For my setup, I made a service type (only set destination port because it would be for outbound traffic), put that into a filter rule and added that to QoS class 1, that definitely works - although I agree that QoS doesn't work for class rules set manually if you're setting ports rather than IPs.

Moderators: ChrisSami