DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?

More
19 Jan 2011 10:01 #65733 by voodle
3.3.5.1 does have a Little Issue for people with lots of filter rules - it sets the session count per filter rule to 0 sessions max rather than default to the max amount, that's probably why it's not been updated yet :)

The end result being that any IP tagged in a filter rule will get an error saying they've gone over the session limit until each filter rule's session count is put back up to a sensible amount.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2011 10:39 #65734 by ukengb

Voodle wrote: 3.3.5.1 does have a Little Issue for people with lots of filter rules - it sets the session count per filter rule to 0 sessions max rather than default to the max amount, that's probably why it's not been updated yet :)

The end result being that any IP tagged in a filter rule will get an error saying they've gone over the session limit until each filter rule's session count is put back up to a sensible amount.

Good information, thanks. I am currently running 3.3.4.1 and rather slowly. Nothing has changed from when it gave 3 times the current speed, except I did update the firmware at some time and elsewhere here I read that 3.3.4.1 can cause speed problems. Any idea on how true this might be and the likelihood of 3.3.5.1 making any difference?

• howard simpson
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jan 2011 12:29 #65737 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Where is the UK 3.3.5 version of the 2820 Firmware?
The speed issue was partly caused by the provision of a web gui field to set your MTU instead of telnet in 3.3.4.1. The gui version had this prepopulated with a value that did not suit a lot of ISPs.

Howard

More
19 Jan 2011 12:31 #65738 by voodle
I'm using 3.3.5.1 on both of mine and it's been trouble free - WAN speeds are back to normal while I did see throughput dropping to 1.5/2mbps with the 3.3.4.1 firmware.
I'm also not using much in the way of filter rules so the little problem hasn't bothered me too much - the additional features like iPhone support make it really useful for me :)

More
19 Jan 2011 18:46 #65747 by ukengb

Voodle wrote: I'm using 3.3.5.1 on both of mine and it's been trouble free - WAN speeds are back to normal while I did see throughput dropping to 1.5/2mbps with the 3.3.4.1 firmware.
I'm also not using much in the way of filter rules so the little problem hasn't bothered me too much - the additional features like iPhone support make it really useful for me :)

So how come your speeds dropped to 1.5 Mb with 3.3.4.1, but then increased with 3.3.5.1? Did you make any config changes or was it just down to the firmware.

What's the iPhone support?

More
19 Jan 2011 21:43 #65752 by voodle
I don't know too much about the drop in speed, I saw people posting about it on the forums and on one of the routers (the one that has an ADSL connection) - then I upgraded to a 3.3.5 beta.

The iPhone support lets you use the iPhone's tethering as a 3G connection, although it does it in a rather different way since the iPhone does its own NATting instead of a PPP connection - it works well enough with my iPhone 3G when I need backup internets.

Moderators: ChrisSami