DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3300V throughput

More
17 Jan 2011 18:14 #65695 by jonbennell
Replied by jonbennell on topic 3300V throughput
I agree with your frustrations on this matter but sadly no other company seems to offer the same feature set at this value. I've found Twitter a good avenue in the past to get a larger organisations attention, due to how public your complaint can become.

I've only spent a few moments looking but Draytek to have an Australian presence, as linked below:

http://twitter.com/draytek

Hope this helps,

Jon

Hi,

Thats the chart I was referring to in my opening post. Thing is I've successfully run 50Mbit through the 3300V so I know it works. :)

Anyhow I think it might be time to "skip" the thing soon. I realise this forum is "unofficial" but the general support from Draytek, in my opinion, is severely lacking. Browsing through this forum there are numerous unanswered posts and the only free way there appears to get assistance from someone at Draytek is to fill in a stupid web form! The company doesn't offer it's own support forum, or appear to frequent here, nor an online support ticket system. I cannot even fire up Outlook and write a proper email; I have to fill in stupid boxes when I want to find out more than the ambiguous documentation provides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davidthornton
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2011 01:32 #66454 by davidthornton
Replied by davidthornton on topic Re: 3300V throughput
The new Draytek 3200 multi WAN gigbit router was made available at broadbandbuyer.co.uk today so I have ordered one. It's due here on Saturday. I'm hoping it will solve all of my 3300V issues.

More
25 Feb 2011 06:34 #66456 by jonbennell
Replied by jonbennell on topic Re: 3300V throughput
davidthornton wrote:
> The new Draytek 3200 multi WAN gigbit router was made available at
> broadbandbuyer.co.uk today so I have ordered one. It's due here on
> Saturday. I'm hoping it will solve all of my 3300V issues.

I await your results with bated breath!

More
25 Feb 2011 17:33 #66465 by daimlermg
Replied by daimlermg on topic Re: 3300V throughput
And me

More
27 Feb 2011 20:02 #66497 by elmes
Replied by elmes on topic Re: 3300V throughput
Me too.

Considering a purchase of one myself to ensure I get full use of my 50 Mb connection.

Looking forward to your results!

• davidthornton
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2011 22:08 #66504 by davidthornton
Replied by davidthornton on topic Re: 3300V throughput
I've made a quick post in this forum, entitled "3200 initial experiences". Once I am happy with my 3200 configuration, I intend to factory reset the configuration of my 3300V and then retest it with Virgin Media 50Mbit to see if I can get a better throughput than I have been doing. Regardless, though, later this year I'll have 100Mbit from Virgin Media and there's no way the 3300V could cope with that so I knew it was due for retirement in the near future! :)

Moderators: ChrisSami