DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Anyone got a 2830 yet?

More
22 Mar 2011 20:43 #66916 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Anyone got a 2830 yet?

admin wrote: As ADSL2+ is limited to 24Mb/s, that's adequate for most scenarios. If you need higher across two WAN ports, you can use a vigor2920 (with one Vigor120 is needed)

Just pointing out that it's new model and triple wan it's a bit weak releasing the product which can be easily maxed out even by today's speeds. it's not just an adsl modem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2011 00:02 #66917 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Anyone got a 2830 yet?
Has there been any issues with the 2830 yet

More
07 Apr 2011 08:13 #67165 by stevencavanagh
Replied by stevencavanagh on topic Re: Anyone got a 2830 yet?

GhostWorks wrote: Has there been any issues with the 2830 yet

Yes,

I purchased one at the end of March and set it up fine. On attempting to add multipul MAC addresses to the wireless access list and on pressing OK the router locked up and kept rebooting itself. Power cycling and hard reset doesn't work. Spoke to the Vendor who asked me to reboot again and then asked me to send it back.

Received a second one on the 5-4-11 and set it up once again and once again the exactly the same issue arose, so that tells me that there is a firmware issue with the 2830n.

Sent email to Draytek and waiting on a reply.

So back to the old Netgear for now :(

More
07 Apr 2011 11:32 #67167 by ghostworks
That's no good ,

Did you try setting 1 at a time , applying and reboot and try for a second one etc

More
13 Apr 2011 00:06 #67245 by jdw35
Replied by jdw35 on topic Re: Anyone got a 2830 yet?

stevencavanagh wrote:

GhostWorks wrote: Has there been any issues with the 2830 yet

Yes,

I purchased one at the end of March and set it up fine. On attempting to add multipul MAC addresses to the wireless access list and on pressing OK the router locked up and kept rebooting itself. Power cycling and hard reset doesn't work. Spoke to the Vendor who asked me to reboot again and then asked me to send it back.

Received a second one on the 5-4-11 and set it up once again and once again the exactly the same issue arose, so that tells me that there is a firmware issue with the 2830n.

Sent email to Draytek and waiting on a reply.

So back to the old Netgear for now :(

I had this same issue. Recovery requires a reflash with the *.rst version of the software. Fairly straightforward procedure, but the error is definitely there and has been confirmed by draytek who tell me they are working on a fix.

If you only enable access control for a single SSID I believe it works and avoids the lock-up loop (at least I managed to configure it on mine that way after several failed attempts and reflashes).

There also appears to be an issue with using the router as a caching/proxy DNS, which for me isn't relevant as I am using a caching DNS server elsewhere on the LAN.

More
14 Apr 2011 09:07 #67284 by ghostworks
When will these issues be sorted, i bought a 2830Vn which is now on its way aftert 1.5 months worth of a pre-order , I ordered one as my 2820VSn was crashing 5 times a day.

My 2820VSn is not crashing now since i desabled a few services for exampe WiFi is disabled as well as all service protocols for VPN .

I need to have a reliable dual WAN Router ( both ADSL2+ or at 16MB each ) for both business and guest network ( hotel ) , i was hoping the new version will fit the bill , including the new features that will allow me to create secondary subnet for guest network etc

Moderators: Sami