DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

My 2820VSn with Vigor120 Keeps "Crashing"

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
27 Feb 2011 11:35 #66490 by ghostworks
My 2820VSn with Vigor120 Keeps "Crashing" was created by ghostworks
I have 2 Business Static type ADSL Lines , One on the Vigor120 and the other directly to the Vigor2820VSn.

Firsly I had to Revert to firmware 3.3.3 as any newer firmwares as well as keeps crashing and needs rebooting the router ( 2820VSn ) also prevents WAN2 ( Vigor120 )
from allowing incoming connection for example security cameras etc ( while on the LAN using my iphone app to see the cameras which the app uses the WAN address instead of the LAN's IP I get no connection but works if i use 3G on the iphone { no Wireless } suggesting router not allowing a LAN to WAN then WAN to LAN loop around ) but does work when using 3.3.3 firmware

However i'm still getting an issue where i need to reboot the Draytek Vigor2820VSn at least twice a day, due to the internet and emails not work ( probably NAT Crash or routing crash ) , i do believe WANs are still running as i have rebooted router via WAN from off-site via 3G on iPhone ( phone told via text that no internet etc again)

I have been haing on and off issue's with dual WAN etc and wondering if my best bet is to by a NEW router ( Vigor2830Vn )and new ADSL Modem ( Vigor120 v2 )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2011 10:22 #66540 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: My 2820VSn with Vigor120 Keeps "Crashing"
I did a check by instead of rebooting the router i just dropped the ADSL and WAN2 and redialled them again and found that worked and is faster than a whole reboot

Does this indicate to anyone that either the actual ADSL line 1 to ADSL port or ADSL line 2 on Vigor120 to WAN2 is at fault or could it still be the routers fault ?

More
01 Mar 2011 10:29 #66542 by nealuk
Hello, is the 120 using the latest firmware?

Regards,

Neal.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2011 10:42 #66543 by ghostworks
I do believe I upgraded the 120 to the lastest in september last year

Does the latest Firmware cause this issue ???

I could for test purpose start tonight is disconnect the WAN2 and see how it goes on just the ADSL line 1 ( webserver nad email server runn off ADSL line 1, however security camera etc work off WAN2 ) but no big deal for test purpose

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2011 10:45 #66544 by ghostworks
My Vigor120 is v1 not v2

I may buy a new Vigor120 with the new Vigor2830, incase the current 120 is at fault

the 2830 has more feature that i'll be utilizing since i run a guest network wjich is only VLAN but same subnet the 2830 creates a new subnet for guest VLAN as far as i can tell

More
01 Mar 2011 12:37 #66547 by nealuk
The latest Vigor 120 firmware is 3.2.4.4 and lists quite a few bug fixes.

Or, if you wanted to rule out this modem, what about trying a D-Link DSL-320B/UK ?

Regards,

Neal

Moderators: ChrisSami