Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DNS on WAN port (2820)

• wingedwraith
  • Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2011 18:36 #66527 by wingedwraith
DNS on WAN port (2820) was created by wingedwraith
Hi,

I use OpenDNS and have the settings set-up on the router, it updates correctly and the OpenDNS reporter app reports that I am using the servers however why does the System status page on the router report that I am using the default DNS for Sky BB? The DNS servers are both in the LAN/Set up area of the router and each PC connecting to the AP reports using these servers as part of their IP Stack info.

I assume this makes no difference but I'd like to ensure that I am using ODNS straight through and not the Sky DNS.

Cheers,

Neil

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is definitely not!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2011 10:17 #66539 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: DNS on WAN port (2820)
The DNS servers the router is showing are different from the one's that the router will be giving out to PCs if you've specified those in the DHCP/DNS settings. You can force the router to use those same specified DNS servers by ticking the Force DNS Manual Setting option.

• wingedwraith
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2011 10:26 #66541 by wingedwraith
Replied by wingedwraith on topic Re: DNS on WAN port (2820)

Voodle wrote: The DNS servers the router is showing are different from the one's that the router will be giving out to PCs if you've specified those in the DHCP/DNS settings. You can force the router to use those same specified DNS servers by ticking the Force DNS Manual Setting option.

Hi, thanks but that option is already ticked.

Neil

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is definitely not!

Moderators: ChrisSami