Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Remote Connection Problem

• riche1976
  • Topic Author
More
02 Mar 2011 19:13 #66595 by riche1976
Remote Connection Problem was created by riche1976
Hello All

Quick question if any of you can help please!?

My boss has a draytek vigor router, I've not seen it so not sure the exact model (it's going to be a recent one and probably a good one, 2600 maybe).

It's online with remote access enabled and I can see it on its external IP from my house, my work and my bosses work.

The problem I have (and he does) that remotely we can't log on to the router, we could earlier but seems intermittantly we can't.

It knows the password we're using is right because it complains if you put the wrong one in!

Whatever happens you get the wrong password message (or not if you use the right one) then the screen refreshes and you go back to the logon page.

Tried 4 different computers, Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari, tried 3 different locations.... it has to be the draytek!

Any ideas? I'm going to ask him to reboot the router when he gets home then try a firmware update I think!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• riche1976
  • Topic Author
More
03 Mar 2011 08:53 #66604 by riche1976
Replied by riche1976 on topic Re: Remote Connection Problem
Quick update, a friend can log in using his browser so it is something client side...

I've never been on his router from my home before so it can't be anything cached, I don't use a proxy or anything unusual for a home connection...

At the moment, I'm really confused but I'll figure it out!

More
03 Mar 2011 08:59 #66605 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: Remote Connection Problem
Try IE in compatability mode the web interface is not so good with the likes of safari

Howard

Moderators: ChrisSami