DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 - unable to access usb/ftp via adsl

• shabbaranks
  • Topic Author
More
10 Mar 2011 15:30 #66752 by shabbaranks
Replied by shabbaranks on topic Re: Vigor 2820 - unable to access usb/ftp via adsl
This is accessing the USB drive/FTP server from the internet so its not via the second WAN link on the router, purely via the ADSL line. I have tried to do a raw telnet on port 21 externally and I cant connect. But if I forward the port to a workstation running as an ftp server I connect fine. I can connect to the ftp on the Draytek from inside the LAN fine.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2011 10:00 #66758 by voodle
You need to enable management from the Internet (under System Maintenance then Management) and on there enable the FTP server. Once that's all enabled and you've got some USB user accounts, you should be able to log in to the router's FTP server using those accuonts to access the USB disk.

• shabbaranks
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2011 12:03 #66763 by shabbaranks
Replied by shabbaranks on topic Re: Vigor 2820 - unable to access usb/ftp via adsl
Is there anyway - apart from changing the management ports I can enable ftp but disable the SSH/HTTP/HTTPS etc as when we enable the ftp which enables the remote management is stops traffic going through to our server for OWA services etc?

Thanks

More
11 Mar 2011 14:29 #66764 by voodle
The router will usually reserve those ports anyway so it's always worth changing the management ports if you've got servers that would need to use those ports on the WAN side. You would need to change those ports to get working in that way but leave unwanted management options such as HTTP remote management unticked.

Moderators: ChrisSami