DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n Inet drops [Solved]

More
09 Mar 2011 11:44 #66712 by mkb
Vigor 2710n Inet drops [Solved] was created by mkb
I'm using a Vigor 2710n on firmware 3.3.5.1 (also tried 3.3.6) on a single ADSL connection.

The internet 'works' and I have all the settings correct afaik. I'm experiencing drops in the internet and I can't work out why. I'll be using youtube or iplayer and the stream will either stop completely with the buffering icon indefinately and hang until i reset the page OR it will hang for a time and resume. Whilst this is going on msn drops and my voice comms (mumble) drop. This is unbelievably frustrating and I can't seem to find the cause. My old Netgear DG834GT works fine with no hangs etc so I'm assuming its the router and/or settings associated with it.

I've got the UpNp settings all checked as well as all the DoS protection checked. The problem is reproducable both on WLAN and over LAN so I'm confident it's not that. I have assigned network ip addresses on all the adaptors on the network.

I'm almost at the end of my tether, I've heard that Draytek routers are bulletproof and I so wanted it to work but unfortunately so far I've hit a brick wall. If anyone can help me out with this I would be indebted to them. Any more info required just let me know. Ty in advance.

Regards,

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2011 11:49 #66713 by shabbaranks
Replied by shabbaranks on topic Re: Vigor 2710n Inet drops
Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and it was down to the firmware I was using. See the below post for details

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15479

Cheers

More
09 Mar 2011 12:12 #66715 by mkb
Replied by mkb on topic Re: Vigor 2710n Inet drops

Shabbaranks wrote: Hi,

I had exactly the same problem and it was down to the firmware I was using. See the below post for details

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15479

Cheers

Thanks Shabbaranks I'll try it out when I get home. As a point of reference, Im miles away from my exchange and get around 3-4 Mbps so this might very well help.

EDIT: Just realised thats the same firmware version that I changed to last night (though its for the 2710n not the 2820) but I havent given it a full workout yet so I can't say if it's completely fixed it yet.

More
09 Mar 2011 20:33 #66726 by mkb
Ok so it's still doing it, although it doesn't seem to drop completely. The issue now is the internet will drop (even though 192.168.1.1 says it's still connected via PPPoA) nothing will work ie. google/voice comms/msn but I can still IM ppl through steam. I'm using the older Firmware 3.3.5.1_232201. Another odd thing is that it doesnt drop on all computers. My PC will drop and my brothers (also connected Wirelessly) will stay connected - we both have 5/5 bars). I can't understand it. Any thoughts?

More
10 Mar 2011 09:05 #66732 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Vigor 2710n Inet drops
sounds like DNS might be being blocked or broken. Check whether you've got UDP Flood defense enabled under the Firewall - DoS Defense page because that can cause DNS problems.

More
11 Mar 2011 11:54 #66761 by mkb
Well so far so good, I did as you said voodle though I haven't tested it whilst gaming. The connection has remained on for 24hours, some sort of record on this router so far ^^. I'll report back after the weekend to confirm.

Moderators: ChrisSami