Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg??

• mikejelfs
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2011 19:22 #66931 by mikejelfs
35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg?? was created by mikejelfs
Hi

My adsl line is 35meg, if i dont use the draytek 2930VN router and just use the modem, i get 30-35meg on the speed test. If i connect the draytek router to the mix the line speed drops to 20meg at best 15meg most of the time.
i've tried the tests from different PCs and get the same results. line speed is hitting 30meg+ without the draytek.

I haven't tried another router but would like any1s thoughts on this - Driving me insane !!!

The line is an upto 40meg 21cn FTTC with AAISP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2011 19:53 #66932 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: 35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg??
2930 should definitely cope. I have 38Mbps FTTC and 2820VN plugged into the BT openreach modem on WAN2. That gives me full speed up/down on wired lan and a couple of meg less on wifi down to about 20M average (with a good signal, WPA2 & a following wind, for which read: I don’t trust WLANs)

Since 2930 has a slightly higher spec that 2820 for the most part, I would expect yours to work fine.

QoS settings????
BW Limit settings????

• mikejelfs
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2011 21:04 #66934 by mikejelfs
Replied by mikejelfs on topic Re: 35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg??
Thanks for the reply.

ive got a bandwith setting limiting one server but disabled it. removed all settings short of a full reset which i may try next.
tried disableing the firewall and tried the modem through WAN1 and WAN2 - still the same

I'll go back to basics, and start a fresh and see what that brings. The router has 70mbs throughput so im sure it can cope with the FTTC and its good to know yours works on the FTTC service.

More
24 Mar 2011 10:16 #66938 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg??
Turn off QoS because that can limit to ~10Mb sometimes. Also try increasing the MTU? if I recall correctly, AAISP can use an MTU of 1500 with the FTTC service.

More
24 Mar 2011 16:02 #66947 by jedi98
Replied by jedi98 on topic Re: 35Meg line - drayte drops it to 15Meg??
And look at the hidden QoS telnet / ssh commands: -

adsl rxpct
adsl txpct

Moderators: ChrisSami