DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710n DOWNLOAD problem after Firmware Update !

• redmen69
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2011 09:41 #66952 by redmen69
Hi,

I have recently updated the firmware on my 2710n ADSL router because I was having problems with connectivity dropout when transferring large amount of files between computers wirelessly and high ping latency. The firmware update seems to have resolved this issue but I now have a bigger problem as follows:

When downloading files larger than a couple of MB the download halts after a few seconds or a couple of meg and hangs indefinately. This is preventing viruse definition download and MS updates, they just never seem to finish the download.

I have tried direct connection via the ethernet port and have the same problem, I've swapped the router out to an old crappy one I had and that doesn't have a problem. I got BT to change all the cabling to my house but still when using this router it won't download.

Do I need to try re-installing the firmware? Removing the new firmware altogether? How do I remove the firmware exactly? Is it a reset to origingal config in the diagnostics setting in admin?

Cheers

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2011 22:58 #67038 by nick_h
Just to quickly answer part of your post:

The latest firmware (3.3.6), for the 2710n, appears to be buggered - where the WiFi performance is concerned.
A disconnect or 'hang' after a few megs of d/load, seems to be the issue.

Go to http://www.draytek.co.uk and d/load the '3.3.5' version. That seems to be ok.
Wait for the next f/ware update.........hopefully, it will be fixed.

To upgrade/downgrade the firmware: see the support 'technical FAQ', at the above website.

Remember! Turn off your 'windows' firewall (or whatever platform you're using) when doing/flashing the update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami