DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN issues

• footix2
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2011 10:58 #66959 by footix2
VPN issues was created by footix2
On of our remote workers has a LAN to LAN VPN connection via Draytek boxes from his home office to head office. This works fine and allows him to use a RDC, Email and access or file sever remotely.

However, he has discovered a problem, where his wife tries to connect to her office (which is not part of our organisation - it's a school).

She connects over the internet using a hadrware token to her school network. The problem she has is that though the connection can be made it invariably drops out after a short while. She tested her connection on another broadband connection and was able to connect succesfully.

This leads me to believe that they way the Draytek router is configured or the router itself is responsible for the connection dropping. Unless I am missing somethng more fundamental.

It was my expectation that any other connection using the broadband on the remote site should just have traffic going out over the internet and unaffected by the LAN to Lan settings.

Can some shed some light?

The routers in question are
Vigor 2800 (remote office)
Vigor 2820 (head office)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2011 15:33 #66967 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: VPN issues
Does the 2820 have 3.3.2.x firmware on it? That's a very likely cause if it works for a bit then stops. The fix is to use later firmware like 3.3.4.1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami