DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

incoming ftp not working - solved

• woodsofmorecambe
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2011 14:11 #66963 by woodsofmorecambe
incoming ftp not working - solved was created by woodsofmorecambe
HI all, I have a vigor 2820 adsl2+2 firewall router and most things are working fine....... I very much love having two internet connections nicely shared :-)

However, outside ftp in to our fileserver is struggling.

I have set port redirection on ports 20 and 21 from the wan to the ftp server internally and I have also set the management ftp port to 2121 to avoid conflicts there.

The actual problem is that our website is trying to ftp files through to our fileserver and whilst it can connect and deliver half a file after a 20-30 second timeout, it cannot seem to complete the task and delivers a file thats cut off halfway through. It works fine by the way if we plug our old netpilot firewall in so its not the windows server thats hosting the ftp thats the problem either.

I am guessing its to do with passive and active ftp, combined with port openings etc and i must admit it is a subject i know very little about.

Whichever type of ftp (active or passive) that is allowed by simply port forwarding 20+21 is NOT the type of ftp I need.

Could someone help me to configure the 'other' type of ftp?

For your info, our website is php one and i think is using curl to ftp things if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Steve @ Woods

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• woodsofmorecambe
  • Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2011 15:42 #66969 by woodsofmorecambe
Replied by woodsofmorecambe on topic Re: incoming ftp not working - solved
I have sussed this out, our website firewall was not allowing our 'new' ip address on our double wan so was dropping it.

Thanks for all who read it though :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami