DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SBS 2008 & Dual WAN

• j03y
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2011 13:43 #66999 by j03y
SBS 2008 & Dual WAN was created by j03y
We're about to have a leased line installed at our office and I was hoping some of you may had experience and therefore sound advice on a dual WAN setup with Small Business Server 2008.

At the moment we have a Draytek 2820 connected to an ADSL line with a static IP. Our email and remote web working domain records all point to this IP. The setup I'm after would mean general internet surfing all happens on the ADSL line but all the important things like RWW and email utilise the leased line.

To do this I'm going to ask my ISP flip over the IP address so that the leased line has the one currently assigned to the ADSL line. On the 2820 I will configure a rule which binds all traffic from our SBS server on a static IP to WAN2. Will this work or is there anything esle I need to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2011 16:50 #67032 by rdmaidment
Replied by rdmaidment on topic Re: SBS 2008 & Dual WAN
Hi

We do similar and what you have suggested is the same as what we have done. Just make sure you get the order right in your load balance policy rules so the priority works correctly.

The other thing worth considering is to create a lower priority MX record for the second IP so you will get you email in case of a failure on teh leased line.

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami