DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2910 +dual wan + PPPoE No response from server side [FIXED]

• jhurrell
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2011 14:15 #67017 by jhurrell
I have a 2910 that has worked well for several years. We have used it in conjunction with an ADSL router (a BT 2wire 2700HGV to get the most out of our hideously long line) in bridged mode and PPPoE on the 2910 (this just passes our ISP login through the ADSL router).

Recently we acquired an additional line and enabled ADSL on it. We are using another BT 2wire 2700HGV and I want to configure the 2910 to work in Dual Wan mode. I have enabled WAN2 and configured it in exactly the same way as WAN1, but the 2910 refuses steadfastly to connect to WAN2. I simply get:

Message [ PPPoE : No response from server side. ]

I have confirmed the following:

1) Established an internet connection using the 2wire 2700 in standard ADSL router mode (new line and ADSL is fine)
2) Established an internet connection using a Netgear DG384 in standard ADSL router mode (new line and ADSL is fine)
3) Used the new 2wire 2700 on WAN1 with existing line - works fine (so this rules out both 2wires)
4) Done a factory reboot on the 2910 - and reapplied the settings from a cfg file

Does anyone have any ideas what I am missing? The only thing I haven;t done is upgrade the firmware... the 2910 is on 3.0.6, but there appears to be more recent versions - I tried the latest but the 2910 gives me a "firware invalid" message...

Many thanks..

Vigor 2600
Vigor 2910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhurrell
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2011 13:37 #67028 by jhurrell
This is now fixed and I have both lines working with the 2910 :D

I upgraded the firmware to 3.2.0 (the only more recent one that would take) - but it still wouldn't work. I then swapped the lines to the other WAN interface:

existing line > WAN2
new line > WAN1

This worked... I have a feeling that somewhere along the line, the 2910 had got itself in a knot or had "remembered" some setting in cache memory. Anyway, much happier now.

Vigor 2600
Vigor 2910

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami