DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

USB Application

• trolleybus
  • Topic Author
More
11 Apr 2011 12:17 #67219 by trolleybus
USB Application was created by trolleybus
OK then my router facts are shown below.
Router Name : VW
Model Name : Vigor2820Vn
Firmware Version : 3.3.4_232201
Build Date/Time : Jun 15 2010 10:38:10
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

I have entered into USB General Settings the Workgroup Name for all the computers connect to my LAN and also the router name. FTP connections left as 5.
In USB User Management, Profile Index No.1 is enabled, all options ticked, user name (owner) and password (bus29) added with the Home Folder as /
The USB disk status shows everything is being OK although much to my surprise an anonymous user from my computers IP address is shown.

In System Maintenance >> SysLog / Mail Alert Setup I set it up for the syslogs to goto the USB disk.

On My Xp Pro computer I open up Network Neighbourhood and I note two new entries: Public on Vigor Samber Server (WV) and owner on Vigor Samber Server (WV).
I can enter into the 'Public' folder with no problems at all but with the 'owner' folder I am presented with a logon popup. Now you would have thought that suppling the credentials of owner and bus29 should get me in but no such joy. So the question is: What excactly do I enter here?

A response that cracks this problem would be greatly appreciated.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2012 21:29 #71128 by jamesdel
Replied by jamesdel on topic Re: USB Application
Im having the same issue but thought you may want to try putting the workgroup name before the username?

e.g.<WORKGROUPNAME>\owner

As I say, didnt work for me but worth a try?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami