DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820 & FW 3.3.5.2

More
25 May 2011 07:44 #67906 by afrance
Replied by afrance on topic Re: Vigor 2820 & FW 3.3.5.2
Upgraded from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5.2 on V2820 last week and have a concern that reliability might not be all that it should be. Earlier version had some VPN issues occasionally for sure (main reason for upgrade) but since the upgrade have twice had to power-cycle the router (just about unheard of on the older firmware) - in both cases this has been "remote" - i.e. I've had to ask someone onsite to pull the power while I have been offsite, but the monitor on my server just shows that the router has become unavailable (i.e. it's not responding to anything over WAN1) so I don't think it is just dropping ADSL.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Should I go back to 3.3.3?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2011 17:04 #67957 by entire
Replied by entire on topic Re: Vigor 2820 & FW 3.3.5.2

afrance wrote: Upgraded from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5.2 on V2820 last week and have a concern that reliability might not be all that it should be. Earlier version had some VPN issues occasionally for sure (main reason for upgrade) but since the upgrade have twice had to power-cycle the router (just about unheard of on the older firmware) - in both cases this has been "remote" - i.e. I've had to ask someone onsite to pull the power while I have been offsite, but the monitor on my server just shows that the router has become unavailable (i.e. it's not responding to anything over WAN1) so I don't think it is just dropping ADSL.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Should I go back to 3.3.3?

Have upgraded from 3.3.3 and found i loose all incoming traffic after between 24 and 48 hours.
Outgoing seems unaffected, just incoming.
I can get to the router from the outside world, but no further (open ports or VPN).
Have used the .rst version and reconfigured everything but no improvment.

will try the options mentions in the thread, but if no improvement will have to go back to 3.3.3

Cheers
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami