Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820vn fried?

• robfoster
  • Topic Author
More
11 May 2011 16:11 #67697 by robfoster
2820vn fried? was created by robfoster
Hi
I have a 2820vn which is about 2 years old, its been fine until i came in yesterday , there was no function from it at all, i tried a hard reset, now the 9 lights at the front appear to be working as normal, buts lan ports 2 , 3 and 4 have the right hand light on permanently even though theres nothing connected, ive reset a number of times and its still the same, and i cant get into the config page, and obviously theres no internet, could my router really be fried?

Cheers
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2011 17:05 #67699 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820vn fried?
Do you have any luck following the "Abnormal Firmware Conditions" section of http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_reflash.html ?

More
11 May 2011 23:01 #67708 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: 2820vn fried?
Like nealuk suggests, see if it goes into TFTP mode - turn it on while holding the reset button down. If the first LEDs start flashing simultaneously then the an upgrade will likely fix it.

• robfoster
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2011 10:14 #67734 by robfoster
Replied by robfoster on topic Re: 2820vn fried?
ok nice one, ill give it a go

• robfoster
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2011 10:48 #67738 by robfoster
Replied by robfoster on topic Re: 2820vn fried?
Ok im getting a time out from the tftp software, ive turned off the firewall on the pc, ive tried doing this with the router in situ with all its cables connected and also ive put a ethernet cable from the pc to the routers port 2 to see if that works, but still a time out, the pc is manually set to the same ip set as the router, i notice on the guide that the file to send to the router is a .bin file, ive been trying to send the firmware .rst file, could that be my problem, if so where could i get the correct file from?

Many Thanks in advance

Rob

More
14 May 2011 22:12 #67763 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820vn fried?

robfoster wrote: ...the pc is manually set to the same ip set as the router...

This won't help.

If, for example router is 192.168.1.1 try giving your PC a fixed IP of 192.168.1.10 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 for completeness I also like to put in the default gateway 192.168.1.1 and first DNS 192.168.1.1 too - but that's belt and braces and not essential for your current task.

Moderators: Sami