DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2830 - Intermittent Outlook Anywhere access

More
16 May 2011 13:09 #67786 by admin
Did you raise a support ticket? The link is here:

www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html (UK/Ireland Only)

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamjasanders
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2011 13:36 #67787 by adamjasanders
Replied by adamjasanders on topic Re: New 2830 - Intermittent Outlook Anywhere access
Yep - that was the reply I got!

More
16 May 2011 14:27 #67792 by admin
From the UK support dept? Seems unusual unless your report caused some ambiguity/misunderstanding. I'd politely explain that they've misunderstood!

Forum Administrator

More
17 May 2011 14:23 #67815 by lyj_e1
Hi,

We replaced an old Draytek 2820 with a 2830N recently. Not had any problems with using Outlook Anywhere on Outlook 2010, SBS 2008.

Lyj

• adamjasanders
  • Topic Author
More
17 May 2011 22:50 #67827 by adamjasanders
Replied by adamjasanders on topic Re: New 2830 - Intermittent Outlook Anywhere access
Well. I ended up having to call the premium rate number, which is the only way you get to speak to somebody that can actually help as the email support is *so* slow. Whilst I understand that people who need support setting up routers should pay for help, I really don't think it's right that when a product is not working as it should that you should have to pay for support - or wait days for a literate response by email.

However - they sent me some beta firmware and some very strange suggestions which made no difference.

Disabling some of the Load-Balance policies fixed the remote access issues but then transferred the problem internally - so the office had very intermittent internet connectivity.

In the end, I took screendumps of every screen on the router and reset it - then set it up again with exactly the same information.

Hey presto - it works, same config ... no rhyme nor reason as to why it didn't work reliably the first time - and a bitter taste in my mouth with the quality of the Draytek / SEG support.

We're going to send back all of the Drayteks for the staff to use at home (apart from this one as I'm not going to the aggravation again) and stick the Funkwerk VPN appliance back in.

I'm genuinely hacked off - I moved away from Drayteks years ago because the 2800s were so unreliable and am kicking myself for coming back.

More
18 May 2011 00:21 #67828 by admin
From what you say, it seems quite possible that you set something up wrongly and with hundreds of settings within the config, it's very difficult for a support person to work out which combination you might have set, particularly over the phone. I'm sure they did their best.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami