Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 web control panel + iMac wierdness

• richardlwood
  • Topic Author
More
19 May 2011 13:28 #67844 by richardlwood
2820 web control panel + iMac wierdness was created by richardlwood
Hi all,

My 2820 web control panel works fine in any browser I've tried (windows), but I've just picked up an white iMac 24" C2D to play around with.

When using Safari or Firefox on this, and (so far only) when viewing the control panel of the 2820, bits are missing, every time.

Most of the time it'll be the background behind the header, or the background behind the buttons on the LHS, sometime the whole of the middle frame is missing.

Anyone got any idea what's happening?

I suspect it's the iMac rather than the Draytec, but would be nice to get it fixed!

Cheers,
Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2011 14:08 #67845 by nobody
Replied by nobody on topic Re: 2820 web control panel + iMac wierdness
I know this behaviour also. It depends on the firmware of the router and, on the version and user agent of the browser.

Dont know, if this can be fixed. As long, as you are able to login to the web-ui of the router and if you can use it, there is no actual problem.

Try: set your useragent to windows explorer6 in safari.
This can be done using the "developer menu" in safari.

To enable the developer menu:
Quote apple support text:
"Develop Menu

Access all of the developer tools in Safari from your menu bar by turning on the Develop menu in the Advanced pane of Safari preferences. You’ll have one-click access to the Web Inspector, Error Console, disabling functions, and other developer features.

Safari web inspector"

• richardlwood
  • Topic Author
More
19 May 2011 19:25 #67849 by richardlwood
Replied by richardlwood on topic Re: 2820 web control panel + iMac wierdness
Thanks,

So it is a bug in the Draytec browser server software? I wonder what the difference is in the behaviour between Firefox Mac and Firefox PC?

Not all that familiar with web programming, don't know if you just use simple HTML <insert latest version> that is common to everything, if it can do a menu like the Draytecs?

But like you say, it's usable, just looks odd :)

More
26 May 2011 22:27 #67946 by nrb501
Replied by nrb501 on topic Re: 2820 web control panel + iMac wierdness
This has been a problem with some earlier versions of the 2820 firmware, I think it was fixed around 3.3.3, it is definitely fixed in 3.3.5.x

Moderators: Sami