DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem

• nlangley
  • Topic Author
More
23 May 2011 18:22 #67889 by nlangley
2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem was created by nlangley
I had my 2130n working very nicely with my ASDL modem, but now I have FTTC I have been trying to get it to make a PPPoE connection with the BT VDSL modem without success.
I have the BT router working fine.
I tried setting the 2130n to PPPoE, with the username in the BT router - bthomehub@btbroadband.com (there's no password) and set to ARP.
After being unsuccessful I also tried to set the IP address to the same as the BT router 192.168.1.254 and tried it with a WAN VLAN of 101.
Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2011 09:08 #67895 by know-dice
Replied by know-dice on topic Re: 2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem
The 2130n certainly works very well with FTTC.

I would suggest that you check with BT what your user-name is and you will certainly need a password...

• nlangley
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2011 10:13 #67899 by nlangley
Replied by nlangley on topic Re: 2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem
I checked the BT Homehub settings and there is definitely no password, the BT forum confirms this.
The username is just bthomehub@btbroadband.com

More
24 May 2011 10:28 #67900 by know-dice
Replied by know-dice on topic Re: 2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem
The other suggestion is that password should be "BT" but could be it just needs something in that field...

More
24 May 2011 10:28 #67901 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem
Just an idea... if you clone the MAC address of the BT Home Horror and present this from the 2130n does this help?

Neal

• nlangley
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2011 18:46 #67905 by nlangley
Replied by nlangley on topic Re: 2130n with BT Infinity VDSL modem
I have it working now, thanks.

I connected a laptop to the modem and tried to set up a PPPoE connection in the same way and it failed, so rather than the username and password (blank) that was in the Homehub I used the username and password BT sent me in the welcome pack and it worked.
So then I did a factory reset on the 2130n and set up the WAN as: PPPoE, ARP, variable IP and the username and password in the welcome pack and it all sprung into life.
The username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com must use some other identifier (e.g. MAC address as suggested previously by nealuk), or perhaps the 2130n doesn't like blank passwords (as suggested by know-dice).

Thanks for your help. The BT Homehub is now relegated to its rightful place in the cupboard and I can set up my home network how I like it, using the flexibility of the Vigor router.

Moderators: Sami