DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Edit firewall destination address via telnet

More
26 May 2011 08:06 #67919 by cymr0
Wonder if somebody can help me, I've been scouring the internets to no avail!! I have a 2820 router, that I want to edit a firewall rule's destination IP with telnet.

I have a sucky ISP at home and they can't offer me a static IP address, so I thought a way to connect to the office would be to have dynamicDNS setup at home, with a script that runs at the office checking the resolving IP address and if it's changed, it changes the firewall rule's destination IP address to match.

So far I have :
Code:
ipf set 1 rule 1

I have managed to enable and disable the rules using the "-e 1" switch, but can't see anything on changing the destination rules. I have looked at the telnet commands PDF but that doesn't help.

Any help at all would be gladly received!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2011 10:06 #67924 by rothers
deleted

More
26 May 2011 10:13 #67925 by cymr0
Sorry, did I violate any rules by asking this question?

More
26 May 2011 10:21 #67926 by rothers
I deleted my post :)

More
26 May 2011 10:26 #67927 by cymr0
:D Just checking - wasn't sure if this was the best place to ask.

More
26 May 2011 20:40 #67943 by voodle
I've just been playing about with this on my 2820 - wow what a confusing lot of commands, it's kind of a shame that it's new enough that the telnet command guide doesn't cover it at all but it looks like it's got facilities for setting lots of more CSM type options but nothing for normal ip filtering : / I certainly can't see anything in there for setting that after trying for a bit.

Moderators: Sami