DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

FW 3.3.5.2 Problem

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
29 May 2011 09:27 #67960 by legal
FW 3.3.5.2 Problem was created by legal
Have just upgraded from 3.3.3 which was working fine!; however now we seem tyo have Firewall problems - we have a smtp server behind the router and outgoing is working fine but there seems to be a block on incoming emails! - I have Firewall rules set up to block all incoming port 25 then to allow port 25 traffic from 2 specific IP ranges (these are the 2 external mail servers that filter our incoming emails). Any thoughts on what is different with the new FW?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2011 14:09 #67968 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: FW 3.3.5.2 Problem
Couple of reboots of the router seems to have resolved the issue!

More
30 May 2011 16:38 #67970 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: FW 3.3.5.2 Problem
Check the session count on those two filter rules, if it's set to 0 it could be causing those problems potentially?

• legal
  • Topic Author
More
30 May 2011 16:48 #67971 by legal
Replied by legal on topic Re: FW 3.3.5.2 Problem
Strange - just logged in to check & the Firewall Rules have disappeared!! - not sure what the F/W has done but it has applied "Strict Firewall" and only now has the 2 Default Rule sets (I had several other sets when updated!) I kept a config back up - can anyone help as to how it is recommended to resolve this? The other settings of the internet connection, network, back up 3g etc are all there - it's just the firewall that's lost the rules (on the reboot).

Moderators: Sami