DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 as bridged

More
01 Jun 2011 13:22 #68010 by maxdd
Vigor 120 as bridged was created by maxdd
Hi Draytek,
I'm currently using a drytek vigor 120 in bridged mode with a separate router for clients connection... I set my vigor120 in bridged LLC and i enabled the bridged mode too but im having some issue with ports forwarding... Bridged mode means firewall disabled in this case? i have no rules on vigor120 since i cant login it with http:\\192.168.1.1 (because of bridged mode i suppose) i just have a range of ports forwarded on my separate router which should be enough but it isn't...

I noticed some firmware upgrade too... my modem code is 321311 and my currently version is ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor120/Firmware/V3.2.4.1/V120V3.2.4.1A321311.zip which is the stock firmware... so which firmware should i upgrade to? can i use the V2 version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2011 14:15 #68011 by nealuk
Hi, please upgrade to the latest firmware 3.2.4.4 (the V2 firmwares are only for use with the 120V2 which is different to your model). You can stick with the same modem code, so line performance remains the same, or Draytek recommend in the release notes the 'UK Standard' as "v120_a4_v3244” is used for modem code 332201.

Nothing should be getting blocked by the Vigor 120 in Bridge Mode

Regards,

Neal

More
01 Jun 2011 14:23 #68012 by maxdd
Could you please confirm me the right settings for a correct bridged mode?

PPPoE disabled on Channel1
MPoA enabeld on Channel2
RFC1483 Bridged/LLC
VPI and VCI from ISP
RIP Off
Bridge Mode On

the rest is default...Is there a way to login the vigor in bridged mode?

Should i upgraded to V120V3.2.4.4A_STD.zip?? my modem code refers to "a" (not a1 a2...) but on draytek ftp there isnt any version with equal code..

More
01 Jun 2011 14:42 #68014 by nealuk
Hi, for UK Telephone Line Standard firmware as "v120_a4_v3244” is used for modem code 332201 - see: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/V120_3244_332201.zip

Can you confirm who your ISP is to cross-check the settings you've mentioned?

More
02 Jun 2011 08:50 #68019 by maxdd
Could you confirm my parameters for a correct bridged mode??

Anyway im not sure about upgrading to another modem code since i dont want to lose the warranty with my dealer....im just asking if the version i linked is the correct one for my default modem code... if not why isn't there any upgrade for my modem code? will it be?

More
02 Jun 2011 09:13 #68021 by nealuk

maxdd wrote: Could you confirm my parameters for a correct bridged mode??

I tried, I asked you to confirm your ISP, since the settings vary between providers. I can't help you further if you don't say who the ISP is! (but they look about right for O2 / BeThere :wink: )

maxdd wrote: Anyway im not sure about upgrading to another modem code since i dont want to lose the warranty with my dealer....

Modem codes:

You can use any modem code with your device - this will NOT effect your warranty. Many other ADSL equipment manufacturers, have a "one size fits all" approach with a standard modem code in their firmware.

The folk at Draytek give you a choice, so you can pick a Modem code which will get the best from your line. These merely "fine tune" intereaction with your line. Some codes are good with ADSL2(+), some good for folks with long lines miles from the exchange etc.

As a starting block, go for the Standard one mentioned on the Draytek UK Support Downloads Page: http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/V120_3244_332201.zip

maxdd wrote: ...if not why isn't there any upgrade for my modem code? will it be?...

Yes, well spotted. I noticed that too. That code doesn't seem to have been maintained. One of the forum members Voodle may know, he's usually excellent on the subject of modem codes. Maybe 321311 was a duffer, or the numbering convention has changed.

Moderators: Sami