DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3300v+ Firewall IP Filter

• lizard23
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2011 16:14 #68268 by lizard23
3300v+ Firewall IP Filter was created by lizard23
I am attempting to set-up a new 3300v+ and I am tearing my hair out trying to configure the Firewall IP filter to restrict incoming access on certain ports to certain external IP addresses.

Port forwarding works fine - if I open e.g. port 21 using the Port Redirection under NAT menu external nodes can access the ftp server.

When I create the pass and block rules, however no one, including my specified allowed IP address can connect.

I've read every manual and relevant forum post, I've been in communication with Draytek support for 2 days and I still can't get this working.

I know not to specify a source port in the IP filter, I am convinced I have the logic of my rule groups correct (and I have tried every possible combination I assure you), I've tried several external IP addresses and various ports, I know that the internal IPs are correct and the services running (as I say, port forwarding on its own works fine).

Can ANYONE who has managed to get this working please tell me the magic trick ... I need to get this sorted out as quickly as possible.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2013 22:28 #78595 by richyrichcon
Replied by richyrichcon on topic Re: 3300v+ Firewall IP Filter
Im having the same issue on a vigor 2960.

I can forward a port from any external address, but I would like to tie it down to one external ip address for the obvious security reasons. But I cant find anywhere to enter an external source IP address in the port forwarding section.

Anyone??? please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami