DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2920n cannot Remote desktop to local server

• lostmage
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jul 2011 10:31 #68541 by lostmage
hi There

i have recently upgraded my 2820n to a 2920n and i can no longer ping anything on my home network or access any remote desktop sessions i believe i have it all set up okay
but am at a total loss as to whats changed

some setup info, am using wan2 to connect to my virgin modem, all internet access is fine, msn,skype, ventrillo all work fine
lan is going from lan 1 to switch set up, can access network shares fine, but again no ping or remote desktop will go though

and from memory i didn't have to do anything special on the 2820 for this to work it just did

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2012 15:40 #70726 by stuey

lostmage wrote: hi There

i have recently upgraded my 2820n to a 2920n and i can no longer ping anything on my home network or access any remote desktop sessions i believe i have it all set up okay
but am at a total loss as to whats changed

some setup info, am using wan2 to connect to my virgin modem, all internet access is fine, msn,skype, ventrillo all work fine
lan is going from lan 1 to switch set up, can access network shares fine, but again no ping or remote desktop will go though

and from memory i didn't have to do anything special on the 2820 for this to work it just did

Did you find out the solution to this lostimage? I'm using FTTC through WAN2 and I'm having the same problem - no remote desktop or ping access.

Regards

More
11 Jan 2012 20:49 #70731 by the pit
Remote desktop to where. From work to your home pc or the other way round?

I've got a remote desktop from my lan to work working it just worked.
Ping works amongst the network and out from the home network.

More
12 Jan 2012 13:43 #70740 by stuey

The PIT wrote: Remote desktop to where. From work to your home pc or the other way round?

I've got a remote desktop from my lan to work working it just worked.
Ping works amongst the network and out from the home network.

It turned out that I'd incorrectly setup the local/remote IP ranges in the VPN LAN 2 LAN settings. In the 3.3.7 firmware it had added an additional field and in my haste, put them in the wrong boxes. All works OK now.

Moderators: Sami