DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Accessing 2830 from (inside) remote subnet?

• matthewg1974
  • Topic Author
More
10 Nov 2011 21:05 #70020 by matthewg1974
Accessing 2830 from (inside) remote subnet? was created by matthewg1974
Hi its been a while since I've posted on the forum but maybe someone can help me with some general setup questions with regards the 2830 setup.
He's a basic drawing of my home network.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/matthewg1974/Draytek-1.jpg

I've connected the 2830 and added some static routes , So far so good all of my lans 10,11,12 have internet access.
However I am unable to access management (or ping) the inside interface of the 2830 (192.168.0.1) from any of my inside vlans. Also I cannot ping from the draytek to any host in lan 10,11,12 etc.
Is this normal behaviour ? Do i just need to add some firewall rules?

Thanks
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matthewg1974
  • Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2011 23:24 #70057 by matthewg1974
Replied by matthewg1974 on topic Re: Accessing 2830 from (inside) remote subnet?
Apparently you can't.
I've spoken to draytek support (who were very helpful) and you have to be in the local directly connected (to the draytek router) subnet to manage it via a browser...

So I can manage the router remotely from anywhere on the internet if I want. Just not from a secure inside subnet. :roll:
Maybe I'll use the ethernet WAN port as my inside point to point link and just blow a hole in the firewall, At least I'll be able to manage it! :)

More
28 Nov 2011 10:47 #70241 by paulbryan
Replied by paulbryan on topic Re: Accessing 2830 from (inside) remote subnet?
I had this same issue, where the management interface is available to the WAN address, but not available to its local IP address when connecting over a VPN - even though I can ping it!

Is this now a design feature on Draytek routers?

Paul Bryan

Moderators: Sami