DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dual Wan - Correct Config for 2 Drayteks?

More
18 Nov 2011 16:43 #70150 by cgkev
I have two internet connections. One coming in via a cable modem, and the other via an ADSL Vigor 2600.

I have another draytek, a Vigor2920 which has the cable modem connected to WAN1 and the 2600 connected to WAN2. This is the gateway on my network. My server, which is connected to the 2920 provides DNS & DHCP.

This works OK in that I can send and receive via both WANs.

If I navigate to the WAN IP of the cable modem I am correctly redirected to my office server, however if I navigate to the WAN IP of the 2600 the connection just times out.

The 2920 reports the IP for WAN1 as being the WAN IP for that connection (the cable modem), but for WAN2 it reports that the IP and Gateway are an IP assigned by the DHCP on the 2600, and the IP for the 2600 itself respectively.

Is this correct? How should I configure the 2600 in this scenario? I have tried forwarding the ports on the 2600 to the IP allocated by the 2600 but this does not seem to work, though browsing to the IP allocated by the 2600 does. My server is an exchange server, so its important that I can configure an MX record for both of the WAN IPs so that I can get the good of having a backup internet connection.

I tried disabling the DHCP server on the 2600, hoping that the 2920 would get the right IP & gateway from my ISP's DHCP, but this didn't work either (nothing was allocated).

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2011 16:58 #70151 by cgkev
This is a diagram which may or may not be helpful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami