DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WPS not working on 2830vn+

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2011 11:16 #70157 by boe323
WPS not working on 2830vn+ was created by boe323
Hi just purchased a 2830vn+, ive managed to set it and get it going on wired adsl, when using wireless i have to manually add the password because neither my main pc or my laptop which are both running windows 7 with show that the router is capable of wps, services are running on both computers (connect now service), also my fathers blackberry can not use the push confic either, do i have a broken router?, very dissapointed considering the price.My connection speed is actually slower using this router, with the bt hub i can sync around 12.5meg, im lucky if the 2830vn+ syncs at 11meg. Is it possible to set the snr on this router?, maybe that is the problem concerning speed, it says 9db al the time wether day or night?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2011 00:36 #70165 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: WPS not working on 2830vn+
i also have another problem now, all my lan ports on front of the router just packed up, wouldnt give my pc an ipv4 address, had to reboot to get them to work again, loosing more speed in the process, this looks like i bought an expensive piece of crap, i should of gone fritzbox, but seen this one and read a few reviews, more fool me.

More
20 Nov 2011 03:11 #70166 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: WPS not working on 2830vn+
That happens when you enable VLANs and don't realise that ticking the Enable option under the VLAN Tag column makes the LAN ports require a VLAN tag to respond.

More
21 Nov 2011 09:11 #70171 by cocospm
Replied by cocospm on topic Re: WPS not working on 2830vn+

boe323 wrote: Hi just purchased a 2830vn+, ive managed to set it and get it going on wired adsl, when using wireless i have to manually add the password because neither my main pc or my laptop which are both running windows 7 with show that the router is capable of wps, services are running on both computers (connect now service), also my fathers blackberry can not use the push confic either, do i have a broken router?, very dissapointed considering the price.My connection speed is actually slower using this router, with the bt hub i can sync around 12.5meg, im lucky if the 2830vn+ syncs at 11meg. Is it possible to set the snr on this router?, maybe that is the problem concerning speed, it says 9db al the time wether day or night?

I have the same problem with a 2820Vn. WPS doesn't work (with *any* client wifi device) on the 3.3.7 firmware, and it hasn't worked with any previous version as far as I know. I think it's just one of the (many) features of the Draytek 28xx line that simply don't work.

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
22 Nov 2011 14:43 #70184 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: WPS not working on 2830vn+
Ok, thanks for the reply, glad to see im not the only one with wps problems, im trying to get draytek support to confirm the firmware is buggy but they just keep replying to me with what kind of security is the wifi set to, or can you do some screen shots, they wont directly answer my question which is , is the 2830vn+ wps not working a firmware problem or is my router busted?, if they can truly say its just the firmware then i dont have to rma or better still get a refundbecause its an expensive peice of crap at the moment lol.

Moderators: Sami