DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

By-pass web authentication Vigor 2830

• mlandry
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2011 16:26 #70161 by mlandry
By-pass web authentication Vigor 2830 was created by mlandry
New to Draytec products so need a little help please.

How can I by-pass web authentication for a specific device?

I have selected “user-based” in the general setup area of “user-management” to enforce user authentication for devices connecting to the internet which is working well. However there is no way to enter a user name and password on my internet enabled TV so I need a mechanism similar to the one described in Mikey’s Guides http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_WebAuth.html in order to make an exception to the enforced login rule for a specific IP or preferably MAC address. The GUI and configuration procedure on my 2830n+ is different from the one described in Mikey’s guide.
System Status
Build Date/Time : Nov 5 2010 10:54:23

Thanks,
Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2011 21:01 #70163 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: By-pass web authentication Vigor 2830
Hi,i cant answer your question as im new to the draytek router, plus no one seems to be replyinmg on this forum, seems to be pretty useless, i do have a question for you though, does your wps work on the router, i mean does your pc or laptop show that the router is wps capable, im hoping its a firmware bug so i dont have to refund my router, i definetly wont be replaceing if this one is broke, very expensive for something that is either busted or buggy, i wish id purchased fritzbox.

More
20 Nov 2011 03:11 #70167 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: By-pass web authentication Vigor 2830
You need to make a filter rule under Firewall - Filter Setup that has your TV's IP as the source IP Address, it'll then be exempt from user management :)

Moderators: Sami