DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

I have no vdsl on 2830vn+

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
29 Nov 2011 10:45 #70253 by boe323
I have no vdsl on 2830vn+ was created by boe323
Is it just my router or is there not anything at all that says vdsl?, so if i want to use vdsl how do i set it up? on physical connection, if i post the stats for my adsl connection in an email, all the vdsl stats will post aswell, but on the actual page theres no vdsl at all so where does it come from, i gather it supposed to be visible but on mine its not, thats now 2 things i found that dont work, vdsl, and wps, also i have no wireless connection stats on online status either. This is the biggest worthless peice of crap ive ever spent over 200 pound on. I want a refund. Im sure they just used the old firmware from the old router hoping no one would ever notice.Is the 2830 even supposed to be vdsl? why is it posting stats i dont have?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2011 12:32 #70257 by dave_leeds
Replied by dave_leeds on topic Re: I have no vdsl on 2830vn+
IIRC, Thats not a VDSL router

I have a 2830N+ and a separate (BT Openreach supplied) VDSL modem that handles the VDSL/FTTC connection

If you have VDSL/Fibre, you plug the VDSL modem into the WAN2 ethernet port.

More
29 Nov 2011 16:41 #70258 by ian_m
Replied by ian_m on topic Re: I have no vdsl on 2830vn+
2850 is the Draytech dual WAN VDSL router.

• boe323
  • Topic Author
More
29 Nov 2011 22:14 #70261 by boe323
Replied by boe323 on topic Re: I have no vdsl on 2830vn+
yes , i noticed that 2830vn+ doesnt have vdsl so, why does vdsl stats suddenly appear to my isp when i send them a screenshot of adsl stats? what the hell?. Can anyone with a 2830vn+ confirm to me that there wps actually works or is it the dumb firmware and just about every 2830's wps dont actually work even though it says configured, enabled, waiting for a connection etc?, when using wireless and i click on connect in windows 7 it will search the information as it does just before the icon shows to say theres on this router, but the icon never shows, this is the same for my laptop aswell.My fathers blackberry wont connect using wps or the pincode method of wps, i really need to know if its a firmware bug, certainly looks like it to me or i dont think wireless would work at all if the hardware was busted right?

More
30 Nov 2011 10:26 #70266 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: I have no vdsl on 2830vn+
Ah that's when you copy and paste the text from the online status page right? That's gonna be the same as the 2820 series which on mine if I copy and paste the text shows ISDN status even though the router has no ISDN - it's just that the stats are listed on there in the web interface but it's hidden on models that don't have the right hardware.

The 2850 is pretty much the same as the 2830 from what I've seen so it makes sense that it'd do that :)

For the WPS stuff, see if you can get some beta firmware from Draytek, afaik the 3.3.6.1 firmware has had some wireless stuff improved on in the beta firmwares.

Moderators: Sami