DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn NAT >> Open Ports lost page 1 after firmware upgrade

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
14 Dec 2011 21:06 #70464 by lukinsr
I have just upgraded the firmware on a 2820Vn from 3.3.5xxxx what ever the last version was to 3.3.7_232201 and now my NAT >> Open ports page 1-10 is lost, 11-20 shows up (all empty as they were), but 1-10 lists nothing not even black table space?

Tried to restore the backup config, still missing!

How can I get this back?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2011 08:37 #70467 by g6ifs
As a guess I bet you are not using IE? If not then try with IE. There seems to be some issues with other browsers

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2011 10:46 #70469 by lukinsr
not down to ie8 or chrome as both show same issue on 2 different pc's - both on xp, so 4 browsers total tried

More
15 Dec 2011 11:14 #70470 by howard simpson
You jumped from 3.3.5 to 3.3.7 thats too big a jump to do! I recommend a full reset and completly entering all of your config in again from scratch.

Howard

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2011 11:55 #70471 by lukinsr
Thanks Howard ... but ... 3.3.5 was the previous version before 3.3.7 was released, I've never heard of too big a jump in upgrading firmware before, clearly not something draytek consider as they don't provide the firmwares in a sequence to upgrade, just the latest versions.
Clearly starting from scratch MIGHT fix the problem, but if there is a bug in 3.3.7 I may go through the entire process and be back to the same bug all over again ... not much point in that, best to understand the issue and either revert to 3.3.5 and skip 3.3.7 if it is a bug, or get a fix for the issue
Appreciate your help, but please try and comment only when YOU KNOW what you are talking about! (intended in a helpful way, not as a flame)
Cheers
Richard

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2011 12:25 #70473 by lukinsr
Looking through some other threads, it seems doing a 3.3.7 .rst firmware update and re-entry of all settings might work, but there seems to be some debate about even that working. many others have updated from 3.3.3 onwards to randomly get the same problem or not. 3.3.7 seems to have many other bugs (reported in Australia and here) and the current Polish FTP site has a beta (dated 5/12/11) that fixes some issues but might have others!

Looks like a buggy release, so plan on going back to 3.3.5xxxx and waiting for a more stable release before wasting too much more time (6 hours lost yesterday and all to show for it a sore head and intermittent open ports, and no way to edit them!!)
Still have a Infinity fixed IP address problem but that seems to be not related to firmware, so back we go!
thanks, Richard

Moderators: Sami