DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT Infinity with Fixed IP using 2820 and 2830

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2011 12:18 #70472 by lukinsr
Having a small problem with getting fixed IP to work fully using either of 2820Vn (3.3.5/3.3.7) or 2830n

Finally figured out that to get the 5 fixed IP's to work for internal machines, you just use the IP ALIAS section without ticking Fixed IP, and then they map OK through the open ports section (I always thought you needed to tick Fixed IP to get any fixed IP's to work!!) - not retested teh open ports mapping on the 3.3.7 firmware as the open ports page 1-10 is not showing (a separate issue!), however with both the 2820 and 2830 the Infinity connection allocates a dynamic IP to the router, rather than the proposed (6th IP address) that it should have, and if you tick the fixed IP and enter it, then nothing works (in terms of internet connectivity), so stuck!

This gives us real issues, as we use VPN and remote server API calls (from 3rd party suppliers) that require fixed IP as the source identified otherwise they fail to connect or block connection.

How can we get the router to adopt the correct fixed IP as allocated by BT ?

I upgraded the 2820 from a nice stable (but occasionally buggy/frustrating v3.3.5xxxx firmware) to 3.3.7 to see if this fixed things and got more agro that I can think of, another own goal by draytek sadly. Will try and revert to 3.3.5xxx later when I have time, but REALLY need to resolve the router FIXED IP, as we're locked out of some serious connections, and can't easily revert from VDSL to ADSL ...

any help or ideas
thanks, Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2011 19:39 #70486 by voodle
Well the fixed IP setting not working for that type of connection is definitely new, normally it'll work for ADSL but I haven't seen it working like that for a WAN2 / PPPoE connection

• lukinsr
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2011 11:23 #70490 by lukinsr
sadly the 3.3.7 debacle has slowed down testing, but cant find any static ip config info on the web for the dratek on infinity vdsl, so has been a little frustrating getting things working.
has anyone got things fully configured and working with 5 static ip and static ip for outbound traffic?
please post how!

Moderators: Sami