DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2830 - Adsl Stats

More
04 Jan 2012 13:50 #70666 by 1dmf
Replied by 1dmf on topic Re: 2830 - Adsl Stats
OIC, thanks. though telnet isn't installed by default in widnows 7!

I eventually found the problem, well it seems to have resolved it.

I turned off QoS and it's working fine!

The IT company who installed it had it set at 25% across the board. I don't know what any of the classes, settings or numbers actually mean, but I did some googling and found other saying QoS caused them problems, so I disabled it and it is now working without problems.

Should I be using QoS? got any examples of a good QoS implementation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 14:36 #70668 by abgee
Replied by abgee on topic Re: 2830 - Adsl Stats
QoS is to prioritise traffic over the other types,

i've set mine up as follows :
Code:
Class Rule Index Name Class 1 VPN-DNS-Ping Class 2 Web Class 3 Email-Ftp Index Status Bandwidth Direction Class 1 Class 2 Class 3 Others UDP Bandwidth Control Online Statistics WAN1 Enable 7232.00Kbps/832.00Kbps Outbound 25% 25% 10% 40% Inactive Status Setup

QoS should ensure the traffic goes through even if it becomes saturated, it has to reserve bandwidth to do this so thats why the percentages add up to 100%,
so if you had all 3 classes and traffic that falls outside of the scope on the go at the same time, they should be consuming the respective percentage of bandwidth.
When there isn't traffic on one of the slots, the bandwidth can be shared out to the other slots.

that status link shows you a page like the following

i'll hang onto the link for the annex M code,
Presume there isn't anything more exhaustive statistics wise to be had then?
as the Netgear DG834 i had connected to the line previously had SNR and Attenuation seperately for upstream and downstream.

Cheers
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami