DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN setup while you already have DC on network

• hatchet
  • Topic Author
More
16 Dec 2011 15:47 #70495 by hatchet
We have an old sbs2008 server that looks after VPN and its the DC at the moment, it needs to be decommissioned.
I've been testing the VPN on the 2810 as I would like to start using the router for VPN.

I have setup the 2820 and a few vpn dial in users. The users connect to some devices via IP address, can ping devices ok. Cant access shared files tho.
When they try to access shared drives or try to logon to server via \\server

They get "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you."

or they get username / password / domain authentication box.

I've tried using the Draytek vpn client and normal windows vpn.

Can anyone help me with the setup of VPN on the router while using a DC on the network.

I've tried matching the users username / password for the domain to the VPN user account. still no joy.
I've tried forcing the vpn connection to use DC as DNS server.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2011 08:41 #70497 by kc_
Possibly a DNS issue?

In the draytek set the DNS server IP correctly so that when users connect they get it.
Do that in LAN options page.

More
03 Jan 2012 16:08 #70641 by andymdb
Try turning off RRAS on the server and in the users settings for dial in just click allow.
Ensure ports 1723 are open and forwarded to the server.
Match the username and password for the vpn and Active directory EXACTLY, the Vigors VPN username IS case senstitive.

In VPN and remote access - remote access control - on the vigor ensure the protocol you want to use is ticked.

good luck and post back your fix if you get it sorted.

Andy

Moderators: Sami