DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n Loosing firewall filters

More
23 Dec 2011 17:34 #70560 by haywardi
2820n Loosing firewall filters was created by haywardi
Hi

I have a 2820n router (f/w: 3.3.5) and have an odd problem.

About a month ago I implemented some firewall filter rules to protect port 5060 from SIP attacks following almost daily attacks.

At a stroke all the attacks stopped.

That was until yesterday when my PBX began to warn me of sip stacks again.

The first thing I did was check the firewall rule on the 2820, but they weren't there.......

The only thing that was performed on the router after setting up the firewall rules was me attaching a USB drive and enabling syslog to write to it (about three days ago). This required the router to be rebooted.

Did the reboot cause the problem, or have I missed something in the setup of the firewall?

All advise greatly appreciated.
Iain

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2011 09:50 #70573 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820n Loosing firewall filters
oh yeah, I've seen this happen with 3.3.5, not nice how it just disappears every filter rule :(

Anyways, I haven't seen it happen since I updated to 3.3.7 (or 3.3.7.1 now for the 2820)

More
25 Dec 2011 10:15 #70574 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: 2820n Loosing firewall filters
Hi Voodle,

Thanks for the advise. I was postponing the upgrade to 3.3.7(.1) as I don't want to be an early adopter on such a critical bit of kit and in every other way 3.3.5 is working (if it ain't broke, don't fix :-)

However the loss of the rules is a very good reason to upgrade, so I know what I'll be doing next week :-)

Merry Christmas
Iain

Iain

Moderators: Sami