Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710n router and skype blocking

• pcsupport
  • Topic Author
More
26 Dec 2011 19:26 #70580 by pcsupport
2710n router and skype blocking was created by pcsupport
Dear all,

I know this has been answered to death but I can't find an answer that seems to work with the 2710n router. My story 'should' be simple...

I'm trying to block skype to a range of IP addresses whilst allowing to another block of IP addresses.

I have created IP objects for the blocked and allowed machines and IP grouped them into BLOCK and ALLOW. I then created a CSM group to block Skype called "SKYPE'. I then created the rule in FIREWALL -> FILTER SETUP under DEFAULT DATA FILTER. The rule is:

1. Data direction LAN -> WAN; Source IP is BLOCK group; Application Filter is set to PASS IMMEDIATELY; App Enforcement is set to "SKYPE"

I'll be damned if I can get this to work though!

Questions:

1. Is creating the firewall rules under DEFAULT DATA FILTER the correct place for new rules or should they be put under a new filter set ( 3, 4, 5 etc)?
2. Where am I going wrong?

All help greatfully received :D

www.pc-support.uk.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pcsupport
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2011 13:38 #70618 by pcsupport
Replied by pcsupport on topic Re: 2710n router and skype blocking
*bump*

Anyone?

www.pc-support.uk.com

More
31 Dec 2011 12:24 #70622 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2710n router and skype blocking

pcsupport wrote: ...1. Is creating the firewall rules under DEFAULT DATA FILTER the correct place for new rules or should they be put under a new filter set ( 3, 4, 5 etc)?...

That is certainly where I would add them, yes.
I notice on the 2950 / 2955 units that under IM Object the profile indexes include a Skype option. Perhaps this may make setting up your filters easier? Regards, Neal

Moderators: Sami