DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n reboot loop

• lockhart
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jan 2012 16:10 #70744 by lockhart
2820n reboot loop was created by lockhart
I'm officially stumped.... Have two 2820n routers that were bridged using WDS so I didn't have to reply on the crappy virgin router for wireless etc.

This morning the 2820 connected to the virgin router went into a reboot loop. I tried to reset it, thinking maybe mains spike, albeit it is on surge protected socket, but no joy. I had been using it to connect to the inet for about 10 mins prior to it failing....

So I took the other 2820 which I had been using upstairs down to virgin box and connected it. Now obviously it needed a config change so it could connect just like the previous one. Now here I made a mistake and applied a config backup from the previous router.... Now this one is in a reboot loop too!

I have tried to factory reset using the firmware update tool with the latest firmware (which had been running successfully for well over a month prior to this)... After disabling firewall etc, it seems that the file is uploaded fine. However once the router reboots as soon as any connection wireless or wired is made it just goes into a reboot cycle. Now from scouring the web this is something that happens from time to time but a full reset seems to sort it..... except not for me... so now I have not one but two doorstops... unbelievable... Quite how the config became corrupted I don't know, but why a full reset doesn't work has me stumped...

Anyone got any bright ideas? Other than a big hammer... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lockhart
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2012 11:03 #70887 by lockhart
Replied by lockhart on topic Re: 2820n reboot loop
Ok, so I haven't used either router since my last post and thought I give it another crack just now. Fired up router number one with reset button pressed and was going to try and force a firmware onto it again. However just did a simple power recycle and it is now working and hooked up to my virgin crappy cable modem and working fine.... To say I am a little freaked is a slight understatement, but a happy outcome nonetheless. Now to try router two.... very strange...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami