DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2820 SYSLOG not writing to USB

More
16 Aug 2012 13:36 #73230 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: Draytek 2820 SYSLOG not writing to USB
Hi

I've found that it needs to first be enabled to write to the USB (just as you have described in the first post) then it needs a reboot to actually start it all going. After the reboot, you'll see the log file has been created in /SysLog/001/(using the Draytek's configuration pages - USB Application -> File Explorer - to look at the USB stick). I've noted that in my own 2820Vn and also in a 2820n that I've been testing for someone. I note that whilst mine seems to keep logging, this 2820n I'm just testing seems to have stopped after about 20 entries; I'll investigate this later today (maybe nothing else has happened, but I'm sure mine listed the ADSL status every few seconds even if there were no changes.

Bri

Edit 1: Just rebooted it and it seems to have started logging again.
Edit 2: it looks like using the web browser (USB Application -> File Explorer) to look at the USB stick maybe stops it logging. I've rebooted it and will leave it overnight, then look (and report back) tomorrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2013 12:51 #77869 by cosmap
Replied by cosmap on topic Re: Draytek 2820 SYSLOG not writing to USB

Briain wrote: Hi

Edit 1: Just rebooted it and it seems to have started logging again.
Edit 2: it looks like using the web browser (USB Application -> File Explorer) to look at the USB stick maybe stops it logging. I've rebooted it and will leave it overnight, then look (and report back) tomorrow.

Any Progress?

Cosma

Draytek 2600VGi, 2800, 2820Vn, * 02830Vn-Plus *, 2850Vn, 2860Vn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami