DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Unable to support 2x VPN simultaneously

More
16 Jan 2012 18:19 #70804 by agf
Hi,

I have a 2830n (dual band) and have setup 2 LAN-LAN VPN tunnels, one to the office running L2TP with an IPSec policy and the other out to a cloud based VPN service running PPTP with MPPE, this is set as the default route.

Went I originally set this configuration up last year it worked fine, but now I am not able to have both VPN tunnels running at the same time, if I try to bring up a second tunnel the first drops after less than two minutes and can not reconnect.

I have tried reflashing the firmware and loading a config backup from before the problem occurred, but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2012 10:23 #70810 by lozstlouis
Replied by lozstlouis on topic Re: Unable to support 2x VPN simultaneously
Different subnets? You say you had them working before - just not at the same time. So is one similar in someway to the other & there is a conflict?

www.alits.co.uk

More
17 Jan 2012 12:02 #70812 by agf

lozstlouis wrote: Different subnets? You say you had them working before - just not at the same time. So is one similar in someway to the other & there is a conflict?

Originally they both worked simultaneously, but now it is one or the other. The office VPN is for a specific network, the default route VPN is for all Internet traffic, the network for the house is 192.168.1.0 the office network is 192.168.0.0 and the other is everything else.

Maybe I will log a ticket and see if they have a newer firmware that fixes the problem.

Regards Alex

More
20 Jan 2012 17:16 #70863 by agf
I think I have solved the problem, hopefully :)

When I originally setup the VPNs I was using a firmware with the recommended standard UK modem code, then I changed to the same firmware version with a different modem code and all the firmware versions I have tried since have not been the original modem code that I had used when setting up the configuration file which I have been using.

I have changed back to a firmware with the same modem code I was running when I created the configuration and both VPNs seem to be staying up simultaneously now.

Regards Alex

More
20 Jan 2012 18:20 #70866 by agf
Posted too soon, this modem code firmware just holds the initial VPN connection for longer before dropping and then can't reconnect.

SEG tech support next week I think.

Moderators: Sami