Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n connection

• montyp
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2012 16:15 #71008 by montyp
Replied by montyp on topic Re: Vigor 2750n connection
Yeah, I have the VLAN set to 101

Just noticed this morning that when I logged into the router, in the WAN box on the right it now says:- Link Status: Connected, before it said Disconnected in red.

Here is a snapshot of part of the System Status page, this is the one after pwered down and then powered the router back up, but the info it showed is almost the same when I could not browse, check mail etc on any pc.

What puzzles me is that the ACT light on the router was flashing every second, all the other lights were ok and yet I had the yellow sign in the network monitor showing no connection, my imac had no connection to the net and even my wifes iPod Touch would not connect. As I said earlier, I rebooted the router from the admin panel with no change, I had to pwer down and then on again before my connection worked.

I have had Infinity since last September with no problems, I have had the Vigor since 8th jan this year and this has happened twice in the last 10 days.

I am just over 300yards from the cabinet I am connected to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2012 16:30 #71009 by wilhadden
Replied by wilhadden on topic Re: Vigor 2750n connection
Hmmm very weird, I've had similar issues where sometimes I will connect and other times it stays disconnected after a power cycle.

All I can suggest is what I do in these circumstances if the connection does not come back ( and this does not work for others ) is to get the VDSL layer up first is to go to the VDSL status page and click the OK button and watch the online status until it goes to 17a showtime.

I can see from your screenshot the VDSL layer was up OK at this point, if the PPPoE layer does not then I sometime have to click the Dial PPPoE link on the online status page.

This usually gets me up and going but is FAR from ideal.

If it happens again to you I would raise a support ticket and point them here, but to be blunt the UK Draytek support seem understaffed.

Wil

PS That's an impressive Upstream SNR!

• montyp
  • Topic Author
More
31 Jan 2012 18:41 #71012 by montyp
Replied by montyp on topic Re: Vigor 2750n connection
I will remember what you have suggested, thank you.

At first I thought it was related to my pc, but when others would not connect then it made me think.

The next time it happens I will take new snapshots and contact Draytek Support.

I wasn't sure whether the SNR was average or not with me being so far from the cabinet, good to know it is ok.

Moderators: Sami