Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2850 series UK availability

• pow1983
  • Topic Author
More
03 Feb 2012 11:14 #71066 by pow1983
Vigor 2850 series UK availability was created by pow1983
Hi All,

I have now attempted to purchase the Draytek Vigor 2850Vn from 2 suppliers however, after waiting weeks they eventually admitted they didnt have them in stock after all. Looking around they are unavailable from everywhere.

Does anyone have any idea why they are so unavailable, is it now a discontinued model, do they have a similar fault that BT had with overheating chips?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4999-bt-to-replace-faulty-openreach-fttc-modems-due-to-overheating.html

Thanks!

---
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2012 11:34 #71084 by vordaka
Replied by vordaka on topic Re: Vigor 2850 series UK availability
It's the successor to the 2830, and was only released in October last year, so it doubt it's discontinued yet.

I did have difficulty finding one, but that was immediately after release, so I'm quite surprised that it's got low availability several months after release. I got mine from http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk but that was back in October, so no idea whether they'll have stock now or not.

I can't comment on the model overall, but the one I have never gets more than slightly warm (perhaps slightly cooler than the other devices I run) and it has been completely stable since installation - it seems much more reliable than the BT Business router that it replaced - it's been running since install in October and I've not had to reboot it at all in that time, other than when I was making config changes that required reboot. It also recovered the connection itself when BT had problems at their end, and I've not had an ADSL modem/router do that successfully for quite some time.

• pow1983
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2012 11:55 #71096 by pow1983
Replied by pow1983 on topic Re: Vigor 2850 series UK availability
Thanks Vordaka,

Unfortunately Broadband Buyer no longer list the 2850Vn and based on previous experience I dont trust the "1 in stock" for the 2850 with no wireless.
We were hoping to combine the lot all on 1 device, and this is perfect for our needs future proofing BT Infinity when it eventually arrives where we are.

Thanks,

---
Rich

More
06 Feb 2012 12:26 #71097 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re: Vigor 2850 series UK availability
Hi,

>>It's the successor to the 2830, and was only released in October last year, so it doubt it's discontinued yet.

This is not true, since thenew VIgor2850 have one VDSL2 port, where Vigor2830 have ADSL2/2+.

So both series will still co-exist together. :)

regards,

rj

• pow1983
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2012 12:20 #71115 by pow1983
Replied by pow1983 on topic Re: Vigor 2850 series UK availability
This website claims that Draytek only launched the product yesterday which doesnt make any sense whatsoever!!!
http://hexus.net/tech/news/network/34905-draytek-launches-flagship-vigor-2850-router/

But I can only hope that it means stock will now be made available again... or I have to go else where :(

---
Rich

Moderators: Sami