Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

WAN2 Failover

• mfuller
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2012 16:21 #71148 by mfuller
WAN2 Failover was created by mfuller
Hi Guys,

I wonder if you can help. I know there is another thread just started about failover, but didn't want to take over someone elses thread.

OK, so I have a Draytek 2820n connected to my broadband.
I also have another ADSL router connected to another broadband line and connected into WAN2. WAN2 is set to DynamicIP and is picking up an address from the other broadband router.

I have no rules setup in load blanacing, but whilst surfing and keeping an eye on the syslog, I can see traffic going out through WAN1 and WAN2.

The problem I am having is when WAN2 broadband goes down (which it's doing a lot lately). Once WAN2 goes down, I seem to loose all internet connectivity, even though the WAN1 ADSL still shows as up and active. The only was to get it working is to disable WAN2 and then everything pops back into life. Once the other broadband is back up, I re-enable and off we go on both again.

Any advice please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2012 16:26 #71149 by rj
Replied by rj on topic Re: WAN2 Failover
Hi,

Check this link : http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=979

Hope this helps.

btw, it means your WAN2 is getting a private IP from your broadband router, right ? (check that this WAN2 private IP is not in the same segment of your Vigor2820 LAN)

regards,

rj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami